Thank you for the opportunity to serve you and the Fifth District. Novato is a community that cares about issues and the people they affect. Serving this diverse and active community is a joy.
We have weathered the Great Recession and tackled issues facing our County. I am proud of the many issues we worked on together and wanted to highlight a few of our accomplishments:
- Worked with Assemblymember Levine to pass legislation reducing Unincorporated Marin, the City of Novato and the City of San Rafael’s Housing Element default density from 30 units per acre to 20 units per acre.
- Created the Marin Economic Forum to focus on the connection between a local sustainable economy and our environmental and social equity goals
- Initiated a critical watershed program in Novato
- Implemented Novato Dial-A-Ride to augment scheduled public transit
- Created the Marin program of Vial of L.I.F.E., a very successful public-private partnership to provide life-saving medical information to emergency responders
- Directed SMART to operate with an emphasis on transparency, fiscal prudence and delivering service to the most potential riders in the shortest amount of time
- Authored a resolution adding Education as a top priority to the Board’s goals of Sustainability
- Balanced the County’s books and put its fiscal house in order, earning Marin a AAA bond rating from Moody’s, one of only two counties in California to receive such recognition.
- Spearheaded the launch of a website for the public to access county restaurant inspection information online
You can keep up to date on these and other issues by visiting my Hot Topics page on my County website.
I cannot promise we will always be of the same mind, but I promise I will always have an open mind.
I look forward to continuing our work together and am honored to be your supervisor.