It has been my honor to work with you the last seven years. Together we have weathered the Great Recession and tackled issues facing our County - and solved many of them. I have enjoyed every minute of it. There is more to be done, and I am asking you to allow me to continue the work I am doing for you for another four years.
Together we have:
- Created the Marin Economic Forum to focus on the connection between a local sustainable economy and our environmental and social equity goals
- Initiated a critical watershed program in Novato
- Implemented Novato Dial-A-Ride to augment scheduled public transit
- Created the Marin program of Vial of L.I.F.E., a very successful public-private partnership to provide life-saving medical information to emergency responders
- Gotten SMART on track with an emphasis on transparency, fiscal prudence and delivering service to the most potential riders in the shortest amount of time
- Authored a resolution adding Education as a top priority to the Board’s goals of Sustainability
- Balanced the County’s books and put its fiscal house in order, earning Marin a AAA bond rating from Moody’s, one of only two counties in California to receive such recognition.
- Preserved the 64-acre Black Point Nature Preserve as Marin County Open Space
- Spearheaded the launch of a website for the public to access county restaurant inspection information online
You can keep up to date on these and other issues by visiting my Hot Topics page on my County website.
Thank you for the opportunity to continue to work with you. I am honored to be your supervisor.
The Fifth Supervisorial District includes the City of Novato plus the unincorporated areas of: Bel Marin Keys, Loma Verde, Black Point, Green Point and Indian Valley - with the exception of some areas of Western Novato, which are represented by Supervisor Steve Kinsey.
All Board of Supervisors meetings are webcast, and archives are available for all past meetings at the County of Marin website