Thank you for the opportunity to serve you and the Fifth District. I am thankful to live in Novato, a community with such an engaged constituency, that cares about issues and the people they affect.
I am proud of what we have accomplished together. To highlight just a few:
- Worked with Assemblyman Marc Levine for the successful passage of Assembly Bill 1537, which lowers the default density of future housing developments in Marin County from 30 units per acre to 20 units.
- Added Education as a top priority to the County’s goals of Sustainability which led to the launch of an exciting new partnership between the Novato Unified School District and the Marin County Free Library to open a Community Library in the Hamilton neighborhood.
- Balanced the County’s books and put our fiscal house in order, earning Marin a AAA bond rating from all three of the major credit rating agencies: Fitch, Standard & Poors and Moody's.
- Improved transit options and services to address traffic congestion: added an additional 5,000 hours of Marin Transit service in Novato which included expanded connectivity to local schools; great progress has been made in completing the Novato Narrows expansion and safety project; and SMART is nearing completion of its construction phase with passenger service to begin in 2017.
- Formed partnership with the County of Marin, City of Novato, North Marin Water District, and Novato Sanitary District to develop a Novato Watershed Program to address flooding, water quality, water conservation and habitat restoration throughout the 44-square-mile Novato watershed.
You can keep up to date on these and other issues by visiting my Hot Topics
page on my County website
I cannot promise we will always be of the same mind, but I promise I will always have an open mind.
I look forward to continuing our work together and am honored to be your supervisor.